Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Wake-Up!

Goooooood morning!

Business doesn't do the blog much good does it? LOL. There are so many things that I could and should (and will) post about....just give me a few more days. Zion and I are definitely using these last few months of 'just us' to the fullest and last week we had the pleasure of spending time in Nassau, Bahamas. Let me just say - there are a few perks to having a traveling husband and one of those is airline miles!!! It seems to now take me at least half a week to recover from trips now and I am definitely still in recovery mode.

Laundry needs to be done, my suitcase needs to be unpacked, and the dishwasher desperately needs to be run. :)

But at the same time - my spirit is awake. I love the Easter holiday. And the older I get, the more space in my heart and mind I want to make for the true reason of celebration. These days leading up to Good Friday and Easter Sunday always draw me to the first four books of the New Testament. I don't want to forget. I don't want to let the beauty of this reality slip my mind: Jesus died so that I could live. He gave it all just to have me...and to have you too.

I cannot imagine my life without Hope. He has brought me to life in so many ways and I want to keep saying yes to the invitation to more life in Christ. Can you even begin to imagine facing life without Him? I honestly believe that I would be one depressed chickie.


Philippians 3:10-12 (New Living Translation)
"10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!

12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me."

But I press on!! YES! I press on. I press on to let more of the dead parts of my heart, my thoughts, my words, my soul fall off. His resurrection power is about more than Christ coming out of the grave alive. It is a real, active, and powerful reality today. He is resurrecting me and you today.

So if you've been discouraged at all recently - in any way - lay your burden in His hands. He wants to bring new life to you. And this is such a sweet time to receive His New Life. Just lay it down because it doesn't have to be your's anymore. We truly can be alive in Christ.

So here's to a Wednesday full of life and awknowledgement of His Life and who He wants to be in our lives. Happy Resurrection Week my friends!

Love y'all,
Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment