Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Of Weddings and Such

Should you be thinking about what I am thinking about - you will totally understand this post. And should your thoughts be in other areas - just go ahead and skip on over it. :) THERE IS A WEDDING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought in hook, line and sinker. LOL - is that even how that cliche goes? I have a bad way with cliches. I usually get them 95% correct but just a tad off.

A few things that I must mention: my royal name, family connections, and recipes for the perfect British treats to enjoy while watching the festivities.

First, if you haven't done it yet - just stop resisting. Go to the E! News website and get your personal royal name. Mine is HM Queen Abigail Hadley Spencerskitt of Tulsaford. COME ON!!!!! I think I am going to start asking people to refer to me as Queen Abigail. Go to http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/royals/index.html to get your's within seconds and for free!

Second, I have always known that I must be related to royalty is some form or fashion. LOL. Well - as it turns out, I married into it. That's right people - Zion SPENCER is 16 people removed from the Princess of Wales herself - Diana. So it's entirely fair to say that Friday will really be a family affair for us. I am thinking of it as a family reunion across the pond that I just can't make it to. :) I know I am ridiculous if that makes it any better!

And finally, what could be better to enjoy while watching the wedding than cream scones and lemon curd???? My mom and I will be making both in preparation for our ridiculously early morning viewing. If you're interested - here are the recipes:

CREAM SCONES:
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/3 cold butter, cut into pieces
1 cup whipping cream

Topping: 2 T whipping cream and some sugar

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter with pastry blender until the consistency is course and crumbly. Add 1 cup whipping cream, stirring just until moistened.

Drop batter into finger shapes. Brush tops of the scones with the remaining 2 T whipping cream. Sprinkle tops with sugar.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Yields one dozen



LEMON CURD:
3 large lemons
5 eggs
1 cup sugar
8 T unsalted butter

Grate lemon rinds (1/3 to 1/2 cup)

Squeeze lemon juice (about 2/3 cup) into blender. Add eggs, sugar, and butter. Blend until smooth. Stir in lemon rind.

Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened OR heat in microwave, about 10 minutes.

Chill. Makes about 3 cups

Cheerio darling! I am gearing up to enjoy every historic, beautiful moment on Friday!

Love y'all,
Queen A

2 comments:

  1. i've been claiming my ties to princess diana for years! glad i'm not alone. :) happy wedding watching...i was considering making scones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and happy wedding watching to you as well! yes - we shall claim her proudly regardless of how distant a tie! LOL

    ReplyDelete