Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby Update

Everything changes in the quickest of moments! At 17.5 weeks, we had a doctor's appointment on Friday and this was the big one. The big gender reveal. I was surprisingly a little nervous going into it but Zion, of course, was my balancing act. :)

They do all of the other looking at the ultrasounds stuff first and then she says - and you want to know the gender, right? "RIGHT! YES!" After a little looking she was pretty certain but waited for Dr. Christy to come in confirm. Yep - Dr. Christy agreed - we're having a BOY!!! Needless to say - neither of us could stop smiling for a long time. It is so surreal to finally know a huge piece of who this little person is.

I keep thinking of all the pictures I have seen of Zion as a baby and then as a little boy - CUTE. I still try to wrap my mind around it - a son! A precious little boy. I am so thankful that God gives such perfect gifts and we are welcoming this boy into our hearts already.

Of course, in response to such news - the only appropriate thing to do is shop. Let me just say that boy clothes are coming up in the world. My mom and I made a stop by Target and picked out a few little things. It is so hard to believe that in five and a half months - there will be a real live baby to dress in them!

Let the shopping begin! LOL.



9 comments:

  1. How exciting! What a blessing and a boy will be SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dear friend! i am now following your blog and loving it! i am SO EXCITED for you and Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Abi! Baby boys are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for baby boy!!! I love that you went shopping because, I agree, it is the only response! I can't wait for the new little man in your life. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned that you are pregnant!!! Congratulations! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congratulations! Also, great choice of jammies! Luke had the little froggie one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Abi and Zion! Have so much fun buying baby boy things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all! i am reminded more and more what a miracle a baby is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Abi! I just found your blog today and I love it. Can't wait to meet your lil man this august.

    ReplyDelete