Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Fashion High Notes

I did it last year and I'm back at it this year! The past few weekends have definitely been 'weekend warrior' travel fiestas for the Spencers. So - I haven't actually gotten to watch the show yet. BUT - did I get home at 11:30pm last night and stay up to watch half of the red carpet show on E! before crashing? Yes I sure did! So - I haven't seen the show yet, but I have now seen the dresses (my favorite part anyways).

This year there were a lot of pretties but only five really made me swoon. I of all people am not one to criticize fashion so I'll only highlight the ones that I really loved. For you mental picture people like me: I sit here typing in my unfortunate uniform of black sweat pants and my black hoodie from high school. :)

Here are my top five!


Rose Byrne:
First, I have always loved a good bob. It's probably my favorite way to wear my own hair so I am having a moment with her hairstyle. Second, she just looks so dang cool. Look up her dress from last night because the back is equally devastating. I dream of wearing a backless dress someday :)

Viola Davis:
Ummmm hello. Could she look any better? This shade of green is one of my all time favorite colors. And let's face it - Viola has one fit body! She looks so strong and yet so feminine at the same time and I love that. The detailing on the bottom of the dress is gorgeous.

Michelle Williams:
I love Michelle. I really do. To me - she is a great combination of girlie, edgy, and vintage all wrapped up. The detailing on this dress is so beautiful and let's also acknowledge that big pink lips are a staple in my life. Her hair, plus her lipstick, plus her dress equals love in my book.

Jessica Chastain:
The more I look at it the more I love it. The color of the dress with her skin and hair is gorgeous. And the pattern of the fabric lays so well on her figure. Beautiful.

And now for my hands down winner of the night.....

Stacy Keibler:
I don't even know what to say other than wow. Wow wow wow. The dress is stunning and she looks fabulous. Enough said.

I love seeing all the dresses! I start looking forward to the Oscars in January :) I am sure you may have a few different favorites than mine but that is what is so fun about fashion isn't it? I am finally starting to see some Liam-baby-weight come off and I have to say that seeing those gorgeous dresses did give me an extra oomph of motivation for striving towards that goal. One pound at a time is the motto over here my friends!

Love y'all,
Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment