Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's Wednesday

And frankly my to-do list is frightening. Impossible even. There aren't enough hours and there isn't enough energy to cross every last thing off that list between now and then. You know the feeling! But there is such a quietness and peace in my Spirit today that stress almost seems locked out. Only God can be thanked for that and so I relish today.

Do you ever think about this verse? Luke 1:35 "The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.' " That one word - overshadow.

Today that's how I feel. There are multiple reasons to be stressed or even to worry - if I listen to my emotions and take once glance at that list. From human eyes - there is no single reason NOT to be stressed LOL. But - then there's Him. And His shadow. And His wings. Today, I am overshadowed. Today I do a bit at a time. I cuddle that six month old bubby and whisper how much I love him. I have a half-swept kitchen (not even kidding). I negotiate a renewal of a billboard for a client. I listen to the birds sing their song. And my soul sighs.

Because He is greater. He is true. He loves me. And He truly loves you.

More overshadowing please. More.

Love y'all,
Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment