Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eleven Months Elation

(This post has sadly been written for a long time and I'm just now posting. Yikes!)

First, I'd like to give an honorable mention to Liam's tenth month which sadly did not receive a blog update. Future son who's old enough to understand - forgive me! You were stealing my heart more by the day and making messes at new levels of scale and moving moving moving. There may not have been a blog - but there WAS a picture! Big. Boy. Emerging.


You turned eleven months old on July 4 - while on your first vacation! Vacation blog and pictures to come! Man - I feel like that week was a big development week for you. You went into it taking a few cruising steps here and there and left speed cruising around furniture and balancing for a few seconds of standing to get from one piece to the next. You are quite the master of movement my friend.


I am trying to just enjoy the emergence of your personality instead of trying to peg it at this point. It's hard to tell what is personality and what is a developmental stage...but I can say that whatever it is - it is fun! Liam is a waving hi/bye machine, a big time pointer, and a fasicanted engineer who loves putting lids on bottles or anything related.

Favorite toy? A throw back to my childhood: a bright red plastic ball from the Wal-Mart bin of balls for $2.50. Within a few days of having it at home - he learned how to raise it over his head and throw the ball. The ball happens to be bigger than he is so it's a pretty cute site.

Another favorite is a good old fashioned tooth brush. There is something about them that simply thrills his heart. Or maybe it's the jamming the tooth brush into my mouth to offer his kind help in brushing my pearly whites :). He will drop anything else he has in his hands if offered a tooth brush.

On the topics of favorites, I would be remiss to not mention Lance. Meet Lance the Lion. He has Liam's heart and he gets a kiss any time he wants one. He gets to sleep with Liam and I love coming in to find Liam sleeping with his arm draped over Lance. Such a big boy thing!



Life with eating has gotten so much better. Around 9 months things just got better. My take is that the onset of lots of teething plus a few bouts of sickies side swiped our eating efforts for a while there. But - a friend also turned me on to a GREAT cook book for babies/toddlers called Baby Love. It's real food and it's good. Current Liam favorites are Alba's Chicken Soup, beef stew, pasta with pesto, blueberries, watermelon, bananas and of course - cheerios. However - the bite or two I gave him of banana chocolate swirl ice cream made him very happy today :)

We have all sorts of sounds around this house but no official words yet. Ga, go, na, va, ba, la, ma, da, etc. But Liam's favorite language is growling. That and snorting. Not even kidding! He has this deep-back-of-the-throat growl that he uses to communicate about half of the time. I label this one hundred percent boy-ness and I love it.

(After a swim at Mimi and Bebo's house)

Speaking of things that I love, I love kissing on this boy. Zion and I think we may have kiss-attacked one too many times because Mr. Spencer is discretionary with his giving of kisses. It is not uncommon to go in for a kiss and get a swift Liam-hand to your mouth. Or he'll simply ignore you. But oh. There are those other times when he buries his face into mine and pushes his nose almost into my mouth to give his version of a kiss that makes every other heisman to the kiss attempt worth it.

This first year of life has brought many stages of sleep for Liam. Months five through eight I refer to as our wilderness months - 'What is going on and where am I and where are we going?' And then things really settled down around nine months. However each teething experience brings the return of night time waking (poor little man) and recovering from vacation has taken a while. His nights have ranged from ten hours to twelve hours over the past month or so - so lots of shifting around! But - I have relaxed with that a lot more than I used to. We still get in two naps a day. And my favorite thing is when he goes through a rocking stage. There's nothing sweeter than feeling that sweet blonde head fall on my chest and his body go still as he lets me rock him. I treasure the moments.

(my little drummer boy and his daddy)

Each month makes me more of a sappy mama lol. Zion and I regularly look at each other and ask ourselves how in the world he could be so precious. So in love and so aware of how much I truly need God's heart for Liam. I want to partner with Him in parenting. Life as a parent is no walk in the park - but it's a thrilling adventure. So thankful and so enjoying the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment