Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nine Months - None Too Little


Where oh where do you go time? I am shocked that I am writing a nine month update for Liam Spencer. But - each month brings more fun, new challenges, and ongoing sheer delight in getting to know him.

It seems like Liam has hit a whole new level of development. The world is his and he's sure of it LOL! He crawls with confidence and follows me around the house. The dishwasher and the dryer are his current obsessions. The second one of them is opened up - he stamps himself to it and starts playing and talking up a storm. It's especially fun when he drops metal forks on the tile - loudly. It delights him endlessly and gives me the opportunity to 'let go' a bit more each day :).



Speaking of endless delight (there's a lot of that these days I must say)...Liam's personality is blooming. Let's just say he's relational. He laughs all of the time! But not like 'oh that joke was hilarious' - more like he's trying to just interact by laughing. If the room gets quiet - he'll break out a laugh. If he's trying to get your attention - he'll laugh. If he wants to be part of the conversation - he'll laugh. And he still laughs after the second sneeze. It's adorable if I do say so myself.




Of course - these days he doesn't warm up instantaneously to just anyone. Nope. Strangers can expect a long cold stare. No matter how much we encourage him to go to someone new in those moments - it's not going to happen. Which is fine - I know it's a stage. He can take all the time he needs to warm up.

His fun new tricks include pointing to everything and 'clicking' his tongue for the lack of a better word. He'll start clicking away and then look at you and laugh. You're supposed to click too you see. It's a clicking conversation and he's leading it.

It's amazing because he is facinated by older kids. He instantly locks in on kids we see out and he follows them with his eyes. If I would let him, he'd crawl right over and introduce himself! LOL.

A friend recently told me that there is no such thing as a 'normal' baby. It may sound simple but it really meant a lot to hear that. Each baby is kind of going from weird occurance or challenge to the next and the 'normal' streaks seem to last a few weeks before something new presents itself. Let me tell you right now - getting eight teeth over the course of four and a half months presents a few challenges. Dealing with a virus and then flu presents challenges. And for Liam - when he doesn't feel good - you can forget him eating solids. I finally figured that out after a few episodes. So - we are still working on it. He's had a rough few months in the sense that he's had to deal with all that stuff so establishing a rhythm with solids has been tough.

At our last doctor's appointment his weight percentile dropped a lot and I had a 24 hour freak out. It's pretty yuck to feel like your baby isn't getting what he needs to grow. But God intervened in my lovely state of mind. He spoke truth. It's just what Liam does - no solids when he doesn't feel good. And over the past month he's just had a lot. God, my mom, Zion and Rena all encouraged me that he would snap out of it and get back into the swing of things. And he has! Over the course of a few days he has really turned around. We're not Mr. Chubs over here but he's eating and Mama's happy.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much this little man loves his daddy. And how much that I love that! In the morning after he nurses -he's ready to to hit the ground running and we usually go find Daddy. The second he sees Zion - he gets a huge smile on his face and lunges for him. Nothing will stand between him getting into Daddy's arms. No complaints from Zion! It's precious. There is something so stand-still-beautiful about seeing your child adore Daddy.


I know this update is all over the place but it's late. What can I say? Zion's asleep in bed next to me and the E! True Hollywood Story of Joan and Melissa Rivers is my background music. Are you surprised by the all over the place nature of this one given those facts? I think not.

The journey of mommyworld continues to change me and melt me. Sometimes the changes are a little tough (I don't think I'll ever sleep in again) but every change is worth it. I am getting to know this strong, sweet, fun, lively and focused boy named William Justice and I am more and more in awe that God asked us to steward his life. He's the perfect fit in our lives and I cherish him.

Mommyworld is no joke but it's the best hard thing I've ever done. So thankful for such a deeply held dream being a better reality than I had ever imagined it.


Time to start plotting that birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment